Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service concerns stockpiling and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server administered by a web hosting provider. There are various kinds of hosting services used for different purposes, so let's study them. Thus, you can choose what you need, based on whether you wish to create a web portal, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and associates.
- File hosting: a solution furnished by given firms, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its only designation is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore an index of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to open .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file storage services frequently involve advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inappropriate interpretation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would allot the tasks at hand between independent sets of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving different hosting services (mail, disk space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a sort of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; given providers offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share a vast quantity of pics with comrades or partners since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will obtain a randomly generated link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service committed to handling your mail addresses. Some firms offer website hosting services for web sites, but do not supply an e-mail hosting solution. If you want to own a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to keep a site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you need. You can set up electronic mail accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The email hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video file in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several videos and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your site hosting quotas. Embedding the video will enable you to manage as many video files as you want to without hassling about system reserves.
- Web site hosting: this is the service that you require if you would like to keep a site. To some degree, it consists of all of the abovementioned hosting groups since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mails, upload video clips, and so on. At aBitHosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in a single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting package may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are tailored for particular content only.